Sunday night (March 12)/Monday morning (March 13th), Karl left to pick up Angela from the airport who came in to help us. I was scheduled for a c-section Monday at 9am. Minutes after he left, however, I went into labor and by the time they were back I had to go in! Finn Cooper Johnson came into this world at 5:30 am, only hours before his scheduled c-section. It was crazy to me how much labor hurt and that I had done that same thing four times before! Moms, we are insane! It was all worth it, though, and I would do it all again (and I say this with the memory of labor pretty fresh and still recovering from the c-section).
Biggest baby yet at 8lbs 1 oz and 21 inches. I didn't have the strength to hold him during the last part of the surgery, so Karl got skin to skin first with him.
Macie wanted to be right on me. She has been pretty good overall with the adjustment of no longer being the baby.
Life for the rest of the family while Finn and I were still in the hospital.
The kids made finn this conglomeration of their welcome to the world drawings.
Cole had picked out Finns first outfit, so I had to take a pic of it to show him.
At home now
Finn was born with a heart murmur. Everyone kept telling us that it was a strange sounding murmur too, like a squeak. It freaked me out, but after having a cardiologist look at it (with the ultrasound and other tests), we have learned that the whole is in weird sounding because it is in inter fibrous tissue (not muscle) and it is small. It is right by the tricuspid valve. It will likely close as the heart grows, and we are to follow up when he is eight months old. If it doesn't close, he might have to get a mesh thing to close it through a cathider when he is four years old or so. The greatest risk is that the back flow of blood will cause ware on the tricuspid valve. The cardiologist said that all in all Finn will be able to run and scream and live a normal life. It made me feel a lot better hearing that!
When Finn was only like 11 days old we moved to Washington. The flight was pretty easy overall. We flew first to Seattle and spent the weekend with my family, then bought a van and drove to Clarkston.
On top is a view from our back window and on bottom is the family on the riverside bike path by our house.
Cole found the clothes that I was saving for Finn (too small for him) and his toys he hasn't been able to play with for the last month (the last three weeks we lived without our things because it takes that long to get our stuff out of Alaska).
One night of diapers between Macie and Finn
The night before we moved the twins had a pinewood derby. Camille got 3rd and Shaylee was not far behind her out of like 40.
Macie went a little wild on the airplane ride.
My mom and Finn really looking at eachother
Our new sienna that seats 8!
Cole is obsessed with Grandpa!
Waiting to go into our house after signing (we had to sign at 9am, but wait for the recording at 4). We went to a park. Finn and I slept in the car while everyone else played.
Karl infornt of his new work digs
Macie wanted everyone to wear a hat
The girls made Cole pharoh
Macie helping assemble the bunk beds


No comments:
Post a Comment