In classic Johnson tradition Macie needed a hospital stay. We all have colds and Cole has had a fever. On Thurs. and Fri. Macie got one so I took her into her pediatrician only to learn that since sh is only 3 weeks a fever means an automatic hospital stay. She was admitted on Fri. and we just got discharged today (Mon.). She was on antibiotics and fluids and they had to do 4 spinal tests (I was pretty mad about that), but she ended up being negative on everything and they declared it a virus (which was what anyone with common since could tell from the beginning, but I guess when the baby is so little you got to make sure).
Macie and I are glad to be home away from the needle pokes, cords, and nurses that were required to do vitals or meds every 2 hrs at night and 1 hr in the day (it would take me about 30 mins to get her back to sleep after so we both came home showered and napped!) So glad we are home!
In the hospital
Macie catching up on sleep at home
Cole the bugger monster
Sharing his germs
She is now 10 lbs and more awake
1 comment:
I am so sad she had to go through all that!
Post a Comment