Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Trip to see Karl!


                           Allentown


 Yes, this is the longest blog post you will ever see, but there are so many fun pics to share! I went to visit Karl in his 1st rotation in Allentown, Pennsylvania. The east is actually pretty different, which is always fun. This is Karl in front of his townhouse thing the rotation provided his with. It is nice, smells like old wood, has pretty old style trim, and is right across from the hospital he works at. 
 a pic of townhouses on a street in allentown. 
The hospital Karl works in. I think this is just one of his sights in allentown. 




                           Harrisburg

Next we visited Harrisburg, Pa so that Karl could check out the program. It was really pretty here too. This is a pic of pretty buildings.
This was the Harrisburg courthouse (don't look too close, their naked :)

This is one of the pretty old churches in downtown (they had a lot of them). 

This was one of a couple of beautiful bridges there in Harrisburg. 


                        
                         




This is the courthouse and some other buildings. 





                      New York


In order to get to Manhattan we drove to Staten Island then took the ferry over. 


 Karl with New York in the background! The ferry was so much fun!

                                                                  Wall Street. 
                               Ground Zero. Next to it two new buildings looked pretty near complete. 
 Karl and I next to the memorial for ground zero. That is a depiction of the towers smoking behind us. 
                                                                    Brooklyn bridge.
                                         United States Court House. It looked so official :) 
 Chinatown. It really did feel like we were stepping into another country. Pretty much everyone was Asian and speaking Asian languages. 

                                  Chinatown was the only place I really saw food markets around there. 
                                                 Karl going down to take the subway.
                                              It felt like we were in the matrix down there. 
                       This one was so empty! all the other ones we went on were crammed. 
                                                 Karl running in central Park.
                                                Central Park with buildings in background. 
                                                          Metropolitan Museum. 


 Egypt was my favorite part of it! I love history/anthropology (my bachelors is in history) and this was the one thing that I made sure we saw! It was amazing to be looking at something that was thousands of years old!. 

                                                    Karl studying the weapons part :)

Me bowing to puffy-butt knight. 


 Broadway and times square. 

                                                 Karl was amazed, can you tell?
                                        NYPD. They were posted at all the tourist sites. 

                                                               Empire State building.
                                                               Inside the building.

 We didn't want to pay the 60+ dollars for the two of us to go up to the top of a building, so we settled for this instead. I was at the top :)
                             The ferry ride back with the statue of Liberty in the background. 



                                      D.C.

                                                             Washington monument.
                                             Standing by our states in front of the fountains. Karl was still in his nice clothes from visiting Harrisburg. It was a last minute decision to go to D.C and I desperately needed sunscreen! I got so burned and Karl had to walk around in Sunday shoes, but it was well worth it!

                                                   Vietnam Memorial (see our reflections?)
                              Lincoln Memorial steps.

                                                                         Taxes.....



White house!

It was a whirl wind weekend, but I loved it so much, especially being with my husband who  I missed so bad! I love Karl so much and am so grateful for all his sacrifice and hard work. 

1 comment:

Jeni Crewdson said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I am glad you got to see Karl :).