Karl and I ran our marathon yesterday. It was so much fun and I am so glad that we did it. We got really scared right before it because Karl hadn't had time to train long distance and I got sick to the point that I had no voice and was coughing all the time, but it all worked out. We both did really well considering. Karl did it in 3:58 and I did it in 4:27.
My parents were able to come for the weekend and watch our girls while we ran. It was fun to see everyone at the finish line.
I must confess it was really hard to get through the end part, but I am so glad that I was able to push through and that being sick didn't hurt me too bad. I had lots of fun and am planning for the next marathon that I can run!
Sorry there are no pics of my parents and Lindsay; they didn't take any of themselves.
3 comments:
Way to go both of you!!! I have never done anything close to that. You are amazing. Love, Dad
You guys are so awesome! I get nervous just thinking about running that far. We cant wait to see you in the next couple months.
Yes, In all my years of running this is certainly the longest I've ever run! I may have come close to the marathon distance back in high school but not 4 hours!
Post a Comment