Friday, December 12, 2008

Preemie is past us (for the most part)

I went with the girls to their NICU follow up clinic. I actually had a wonderful time, because I just kept hearing good news about Shaylee and Camille. The girls are so advanced with their gross and fine motor skills that they are ahead for even their non adjusted age! They are great in other areas too. Their head shape is good (that's actually really important to me), they are growing well (Camille is right on for adjusted age and Shaylee is good for non adjusted), and they have good health all around. Every worker I saw was just amazed at how developed they were. It was really great to get such good news. This might be mean, but it is not just normal for them to be this good, especially when I compared them to the other preemie babies that were there. It makes me realize just how blessed we are to have perfectly healthy girls when they were born so early. God really has taken care of us in amazing ways.

2 comments:

Ryan and LeDawn said...

Your girls are cute! I can't imagine having two let alone premies, but everyone seems to be having twins these days!

Congrats on school and the girls!

LeDawn

Ann Marie said...

that's awesome!! must be something in the milk =)